Tuesday 20 October 2015

Autumn Snail Mail

One of many hobbies is snail mail, which is basically writing letters to penpals. I've been doing it for around 10 years now and it's been a very interesting, educational and fun experience so far. I've had some penpals that I've written to for only a few months, some I've written to about about a year and some that I've writing to now for years and years! Today, I prepared an autumn-themed package for my lovely penpal from Finland (who I started writing to in 2007!) and since I haven't written a post about snail mail yet, I thought this was the perfect opportunity. 


I've always had a huge love for stationary and starting snail mail only heightened this! When I first began writing letters I didn't have a clue where to get cute letter paper so I would use paper from any nice notepads I had and simply cut the edges off where the paper had been attached to the notepad to make it neat. Then I discovered the wonderful world of online shopping and began ordering so much kawaii stationary from China, Taiwan, Korea & Japan. The first online store I used was Janet Store. I now source my snail mail stationary including letter paper, note cards, stickers and washi tape from a variety of places, and there seems to be a lot more pretty stationary available compared to when I started. There's something special about corresponding with someone on paper, especially when nowadays most people communicate using the lastest technologies and social media. Although these modern tools are amazing, it's lovely to participate in letter writing and there's nothing I love more than receiving a beautiful letter, adorned with stickers and filled with stories about someone else's life. It's a great way to make friendships with people all over the world and learn about their everyday lives and cultures


I've spent the last few weeks gathering autumn-themed stationary and was given some animal stickers for my birthday that fit in with the theme well so I was ready to write a reply to my penpal's letter and decorate my letter to reflect the best elements of month of October, with a combination of autumn and halloween inspiration. I've also added a few little gifts because who doesn't love opening a package with surprises inside and I like making my penpals happy! I hope you all enjoy the rest of the photographs showing the contents of the parcel :) 











Thankyou for reading! I'll be mailing this parcel to my penpal tomorrow.


Does anyone else write to penpals? 

If you'd like to see more post about snail mail, 
please let me know or if you want to know where any of the items I've used are from, just ask.  
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig