Thursday 15 October 2015

Another Shopping Trip | Haul

Yesterday I was able to go shopping for the first time in weeks. My chest infection hasn't fully cleared up yet but I can breathe a little better now (getting a chest infection when you already have asthma is horrible!) and since I'd saved up some money to treat myself, I decided it was time to go out and get some fresh air. It was a fun day, although rather tiring too, and I got lots of nice things The main things on my shopping list were autumn-coloured lipstick & nail polish, halloween decorations and lush products, and I'm also doing a candy/sweet swap with a lovely blogger from the US so I was on the search for yummy chocolate! 

I got two new lipsticks; the first is from the colour sensational creamy matte collection from Maybelline New York and is called 'Divine Wine' (975). It's a lovely deep reddish colour and I absolutely love it! The other lipstick I got is from Rimmel London's Lasting Finish lipstick collection and is called 'Starry Eyed' (128) It's a nice purply red/brown colour. I've been wanting to try more darker shades, especially since it's Autumn but I'll probably wear them all year round because they'll match my dark clothing style. I'm lovin' the creamy matte collection from Maybelline, and I'll definietly be looking for more :) 


Maybelline Divine Wine, Maybelline Divine Wine Lipstick,


Rimmel London Starry Eyed Lipstick



I decided to look for nail polishes that went well with the lipsticks I chose, and to match I purchased one from Maybelline and one from Rimmel. I love nail polish but it's all a little new to me! I've always been fascinated by all the lovely colours & pretty designs I've seen people do, but I'm clumsy and have never been very good at colouring in the lines so applying nail polish neatly is a bit of a challenging task for me! I bought 'downton red' (352) from the Maybelline New York Colour Show collection, and 'black cherries' (345) from Rimmel's 60 Seconds Super Shine collection. I'm already in love with the black cherries shade. All the make-up I purchased was from Superdrug and I finally decided to get a BeautyCard to collect points whenever I buy things from the store. 



After enjoying some McDonald's nuggets & a cola for dinner, I went into the pound store to check out their halloween range. I LOVE all the products that Poundland stock at this time of year, and I purchased a few things: some halloween chocolate balls, a cute pumpkin decoration that reminded me of Jack Skellington as the Pumpkin King at the beginning of the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas and some 3D pumpkin decorations. I also picked up some little chocolate pumpkin lollies from home bargains & an awesome set of different halloween confetti/sequins from Wilkinsons, which I think are so cool and I'm going to use them to sprinkle inside any snailmail parcels I send. The set includes: pumpkins, mini ghosts, spiders, bats, skulls and cats. 

Halloween Haul

This is Halloween

 I also bought a few bits & bobs :) a metal cookie cutter from Home Bargains in preparation for all of the christmas baking I plan on doing this year, some stickers from Home Bargains, Poundland and Clinton Cards (I literally cannot go out shopping without coming back with at least one pack of stickers!) and an adorable wooden panda ruler from Wilkinsons as well as some treats for my rabbits. I couldn't resist treating myself to some chocolates since I was buying lots of chocolate for the candy/sweet swap I'm doing.

 

Adorable Stickers



 I hope you liked this photo heavy post :)
I'll be posting about my lush haul later today so check back if you wanna see what I bought.


 What's your favourite autumnal shade of nail polish? 

Also, if anyone else has blogged about halloween decorations or halloween in general, please let me know :) Only 16 days now! 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig