Saturday 9 January 2016

2016 Reading Challenge


Earlier this week, the lovely Estelle tweeted the 2016 Reading Challenge & I really wanted to join in and blog about the process. Estelle will also be blogging about her progress with the challenge so be sure to check her blog! Also, thankyou Anne over at Modern Mrs.Darcy for creating the challenge :)



The first objective that I can tick off on the challenge is 'a book you've been meaning to read'. Last year, one of my flatmates at university recommended I read the Divergent Series by Veronica Roth after I watched the first movie adaptation. I loved it and so I really wanted to read the books! I asked for the collection for Christmas and I started reading the first book a few days later. I finished it last week and tomorrow, I'm starting on the second book in the collection: Insurgent. 


I won't reveal any spoilers about Divergent but if any of you would like to see a review of the series when I've finished reading them, let me know. I thought it was an awesome book and I'm super excited to read the other books! As always, it's so much better than the movie so I'm glad I'm reading the books before watching the rest of them. Who else has read the Divergent books?


 I encourage anyone who enjoys reading to have a go at the 2016 Reading Challenge. I'm so glad that I'm getting my motivation for reading back. Due to my depression, I really struggled to do the things I once loved to do in 2015 and it's my aim this year to get my passion back for my hobbies. I'm hoping I can complete this challenge. 

 

 Thankyou for reading! 
What's a book that you've all been meaning to read but haven't gotten round to it yet? 


Share:

2 comments

  1. This is a really great idea and I might have to do it!
    I've got The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood that I keep meaning to start but uni work gets in the way.... I must force myself soon though.

    Jenna
    | princessparasox.wordpress.com | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks & you should give it a try! I've never heard of that book, I'll have a google for it now :)

      I like that there's only 12 categories on it so it looks doable. I love reading but I've been struggling to find the motivation to read for a while so I'm hoping this helps.

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig