Sunday 27 March 2016

Easter Baking

I've had a great day today! I've been busy baking, decorating easter cookies with my niece and nephew and taking photographs for my next few posts. I've been listening to the soundtracks to my favourite musicals and Disney songs too and have had a good dance and sing along! Hope you've all had a wonderful day; tell me how you spent it in the comments :) I thought I'd share with you all the recipe for the Easter egg shortbread biscuits I made. Enjoy! 


What you'll need to make the Easter Egg shortbread biscuits: 

180g plain flour
125g butter (oops, I used margarine because we didn't have any butter)
55g caster sugar 
Icing sugar 
Any decorations you want to add to your biscuits 

How to make the biscuits

(1) Preheat to oven to 190C and grease a baking tray 
(2) Cream together the butter and sugar, until light and fluffy
(3) Add the flour and mix into a smooth dough
(4) Squish the dough together into a ball and roll out onto a surface
(5) The dough should be rolled to around 1cm thickness
(6) Cut out whatever shapes you'd like. As it is Easter, I made egg shaped biscuits. I drew around an egg shaped item onto cardboard and made a 'template' to cut around.
(7) The recipe I used said before baking, pop the biscuits into the fridge for 20 minutes.
(8) Take out of the fridge and bake your biscuit for 15-20 minutes until they are a pale golden brown colour
(9) Leave your biscuits to cool before making the icing to decorate them
(10) Decorate them however you like. I decorated mine with Easter-themed sprinkles :) 


As you can see, I always end up doing a messy job of decorating baked goods but that's the fun of baking i guess haha I made the icing sugar too runny and it dripped everywhere!


It's my little tradition to make cornflake or rice crispy cakes every Easter. It doesn't feel like Easter unless I've made them. If you've never made them before, they are really simple to make :) All that you'll need is some chocolate, whatever cereal you like and decoration. The most popular decoration for these Easter treats are mini eggs, placed in the centre to resemble a nest. First melt your chocolate; once fully melted pour your cereal in and stir it until all the cereal is fully coated in chocolate. Spoon the mixture into paper cases and add any decoration. Pop into the fridge to set for around a hour, and enjoy :) 




I had an awesome day filled with baking and decorating biscuits, and my family enjoyed munching these cornflake cakes. I cannot believe that I haven't eaten any Easter eggs yet! I'm going to relax now that my family have gone home, catch up on reading everyone's blog posts and finally crack open my creme egg Easter egg :) 

Thankyou for reading!

 

Do you enjoy baking at Easter? Have you made anything today? What's your favourite Easter treat?

Have you seen my giveaway to celebrate my 100th blog post? 
There's only 3 hours left! (enter here)
 
Share:

7 comments

  1. Wow these are so cute! I hope you had a lovely day. Me and my mum used to make those Easter egg next cakes all the time when I was a kid xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) You too! They are such yummy and cute little cakes x

      Delete
  2. These are so cute! My icing skills are lacking a bit to do this haha. Hope you had a great Easter!

    - Courtney
    courtneylthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) it was very messy to do! The icing poured off the cookies and all over my kitchen side :D even though I attempted to stop that happening by drawing an outline with some tube icing before I added it hahaha it was fun though. I hope you had a great Easter too :) x

      Delete
  3. I love the biscuits because anyone can really decorate them how they like! Easter egg nests are a must during the weekend I think! xx


    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) my niece & nephew really enjoyed decorating some Easter biscuit yesterday! x

      Delete
  4. These are so cute. I'm thinking about making a gluten free version! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig