Tuesday 6 September 2016

Doki Doki Box | Review

Happy Tuesday! Today, I have a new subscription box full of cutesy Japanese surprises to show you all! I decided after getting the Kawaii Box for a whole year, it was time to find another box to satisfy my kawaii cravings, and this is the first of hopefully many that I wanted to check out. I hope you all enjoy reading!

Doki Doki by Japan Crate


The Doki Doki Box is made by the same company as Japan Crate, a popular monthly subscription box that's filled with Japanese snacks. You always receive five to seven kawaii items in your monthly Doki Doki box, such as stationary, plushies, charms and other awesome miscellaneous items. Each box has a theme, and the box that I got, the August edition, has a 'Back to School' theme. 

Doki Doki by Japan Crate

Inside the box: little magazine that tells you all about the items inside the box & includes some super cute illustrations/comics, Petit Lapin Silicone Charm, Hoppe-Chan & Doki Doki Friends Washi Tape, Hoppe-Chain & Doki Doki Friends Stickers, Sumikko Gurashi Notebook, Chocolate Dipped Biscuit Pen, Homeroom Bear ID Holder,  Hoppe-Chan Pencil Case & Rilakkuma t-shirt (I couldn't get the t-shirt to look nice in this photo with the rest of the items, so keep scrolling to see it haha). 

Doki Doki by Japan Crate

A pencil case is always a necessity in any 'Back to School' bundle so I wasn't surprised to find this cute case hiding at the bottom of the box. The Hoppe-Chan cat character is super cute, especially with those paws, and I like the paw prints and strawberries scattered around it. It's not really big enough for me to put all of my stationary in, so I will probably use it some day as a make-up pouch. Although, it's both useful and has a cute design, I have to admit that I don't really think it's the best quality and I'm not a huge fan of the material it's made from. Apparently you get a Hoppe-Chan item in your box every month, so it would be quite interesting to see what other Hoppe-Chan items they will add in future boxes. 

Doki Doki by Japan Crate


As a sticker lover, I'm always happy to add more stickers to my collection so I was really happy when I found these Hoppe-Chan & Doki Doki friends stickers in my August box. I like using these kinds of stickers ('raised'/3D) for decorating the envelopes for my snailmail, as they are pretty sturdy. I'm also chuffed to receive this pen, it's really pretty! It's pale pink and has a little flower pattern on it as well as a squiggley line which is supposed to resemble chocolate on a fancy Pocky-like snack. I love Pocky so I can't not love this pen! If you don't know what Pocky are, they are Japanese snacks similar to those Mikado chocolate sticks we can buy here in the UK. 

Doki Doki by Japan Crate, Rilakkuma t-shirt,


This t-shirt is adorable! It features the San-X characters Rilakkuma and Korilakkuma, and I love the Japanese writing on it. The only downside to this t-shirt is that the website only let me order up to a size Large, and even though it's a decent-sized Large and I can probably use it as a PJ top, it's a little annoying that Doki Doki Crate didn't cater for or consider it's plus sized subscribers. 

Doki Doki by Japan Crate

I was over the moon to get such a lovely notebook in my Doki Doki Crate. It's so so cute, with all of those sleeping kawaii Sumikko Gurashi characters on. I love how bright the cover of this notebook is, which has been printed onto a see-through, acetate or whatever it's called, page :) I was impressed with the quality of the paper inside the notebook, and it has cream pages which I LOVE! It also has the design from the front cover printed in the bottom right corner of each page, and the lines on the pages are orange which is something I've not seen before so it makes a nice change. This notebook is definitely my favourite item in the box. 

I like having lots of different tape in my washi tape collection so that I always have something to match a theme or colour scheme I'm doing in my crafty projects or snailmail. It was awesome to get a pack of five washi tapes, even though it doesn't look a great quality. It has some sweet characters on, and the best one in my opinion is the purple tape with black cats and paws on it. I think it would be cool to use around Halloween.  




This adorable fluffy plushie was the first item to greet me when I opened my Doki Doki crate. It's a exclusive item too, which is wonderful! It's such a sweet little product, which Japanese students would use at school. I assume that a homeroom with something like what we called form at my high school, where you get your attendance registered in the morning and are given any important announcements. It would have been awesome to have this item when I was a uni because I totally would have rocked it on my bag with my student card in! Oh, and it's really soft too.

Doki Doki by Japan Crate
 
How cute is this charm!? I love it so much! It's the last item that I got inside my new kawaii subscription box. It's called Petit Lapin, meaning little rabbit in French, and is literally a tiny bunny hiding inside a macaron. It has the sweetest little ears and a tail, so it's impossible for me not to be in love with this charm. I really like the pink diamantes on it's cheeks, too, and it's my second favourite item after the notebook. 

Doki Doki by Japan Crate


I'm a huge fan of the packaging of this subscription box. I mean, look at it... it's pink and is covered in the most lovely kawaii illustrations! The little wings reminded me instantly of the anime 'Cardcaptor Sakura' that I used to watch when I was a kid. It's a shame that shipping is pricey from America, otherwise I'd be tempted to subscribe to it for a year as I did with the Kawaii Box. I paid just over £20 for the Doki Doki box itself, and £12-ish for the shipping. I'm gonna get one more box just to see if it's worth the price, so look out for that next month :)

Thankyou for reading!

 

Have you ever gotten a Doki Doki box? What's your favourite item in this box?

 Enjoyed this post? Then you might like these:


 
Share:

5 comments

  1. Aw, everything you got is so cute! The notebook, in particular, looks fantastic. And the shirt is cute, too. It's too bad you won't be able to wear it more often than at night, but at least you'll have a special sleep shirt :) Oh! And stickers are some of my favourite things to use on cards, too! Though I worry about them in the mail so I tend to just use them on hand-delivered cards and so on ;)

    Erin | Explore, Refresh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! It's such a great notebook :) I almost don't ever want to use it because I don't wanna ruin it haha

      Yay! A fellow sticker lover :) yeah, they get damaged in the post a lot of times :( I always have my prettiest ones for inside cards and dotted around on my penpal letters x

      Delete
  2. This box is so cute!! I especially love the pencil case! I think it seems kinda pricey, so I'm looking forward to seeing what's in the next box and finding out if you think it's worth the price.

    The tshirt is cute too, it's a real shame that they don't do a big enough size, it will give you an excuse to wear pyjamas more often to show it off though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly the nicest subscription box packaging I've ever seen! :3 really? Do you want it? I'm probably not going to use yet it for a while, and it will just get lost against all my other hoarded kawaii items :D

      Yeah me too, I'm hoping it's worth it! My next box should be arriving very soon :)

      Hahaha definitely! I'm always in need of new PJs since I'm in them more than my clothes :D

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig