Saturday 2 September 2017

Summer Bucket List Update #1

Hello lovelies! Yay! It's September, and Autumn is now so close! I'm really excited!! In my mind it's already Halloween. Is anyone else the same? Summer isn't over just yet until the 22nd September though and so I have a few weeks to complete the goals I set myself on my summer bucket list. You can read the post here if you missed it. I promised in this post that I would share updates on how I'm getting along with my goals so here's the first update :) Enjoy! 

Summer Bucket List Update


 Find A Geocache 

If you're a regular reader of my blog, you'll know what geocaching is by now. It's an awesome 'treasure' hunting hobby, where you search for caches that people have hidden all over the place! These caches can be any kind of container, some are big plastic tubs filled with brick-a-brack goodies, others might even be minute metal-resembling caches that you wouldn't even know wasn't an ordinary bolt or screw! I love that there's a hidden world of hobbyists all looking for caches and I am very happy to now be part of it :) This summer, I was determined to make my second geocaching find and I have succeeded! I went to a local park to search for a cache and I blogged all about it too (here). I didn't just stop at one either; On Thursday, I found my third geocache near my local town centre. I am super happy and plan on uncovering more caches before the summer is through. 

Go On More Walks

To be honest, I haven't gone on any walks yet where my sole purpose was just to get out and about in the fresh air. Nonetheless I have been going out a little more lately, trying to do more things out of the house because I've been feeling so cooped up there. I went for a lovely walk in the park in my search for a geocache hidden there, and had a lovely time watching all of the squirrels and ducks and birds, and taking lots of photographs of my surroundings. I wish that it wasn't so difficult for me to get out of the house, but unfortunately my mental illnesses make it tough. I am proud of myself for the little trips out I've made, which include finding my second geocache earlier this week and doing a little shopping. Oh, and I went to my hometown's Gala! I do plan on getting out more over the next couple of weeks though while we still have some nice weather :) 

Improve My German Speaking/Writing 

I've been doing pretty well with this goal actually and I'm feeling great that I'm managing to remember so much. I've been using a mixture of google translate, youtube videos, a language app on my phone and a German speaking course that one of my wonderful friends kindly sent to me. I'm a lot better at my German writing so far, which is probably because writing is my forte anyway and I've been revising my writing whilst typing German on my phone much more than I have been speaking it. It is tricky to remember all of the different pronunciations that are involved in the German language, especially the difference between  vowels with and without a diaeresis above them. You'll likely have seen these before, little dots above certain letters in foreign alphabets. Well, these things completely change the sound of a letter, and it is definitely tough to get the hang of them! As well as these, many letters in German are spoken in a different way than they are in English. For example, many 'S' are pronounced as 'Z' and the same goes for some 'W' which are said as 'V'. It can get confusing, but I am getting there! I'll be fluent in German eventually :) Watch this space, haha!  

Summer Bucket List Update
 
 Make A Tie Dye T-Shirt

As you can see from the photo above, I have got myself a tie-dye kit in preparation for this goal. Since it will be my first ever time having a go at tie-dying (well other than tie-dying a piece of fabric at school when I was in Year 4 but I can barely remember that now!), I thought it best to start off with a kit that gives you instrutions and all of the equipment you'll need. The only items that I've had to purchase seperate are some big white t-shirts, and I am very much looking forward to getting creative with colourful dye! I'm actually going to do this either tomorrow or Monday so that's why I decided to include this goal on my post today. The kit is from The Works by the way, and it was only £5! I'll be sharing a blog post all about the process and showing you how my t-shirt(s) turn out. Pre-warning: they may turn out very crappy looking, oops. Wish me luck! 

Watch 20 New Movies 

I am pleased to announce that this goal is very nearly checked off! For most of 2017 (and last year too!), I've been struggling to motivate myself to watch movies because of how bad my depression has been, and it absolutely sucked as watching movies has always been one of my favourite pastimes. I love getting lost in the storyline for a few hours. Also being an empath means that I always get such strong emotions when watching movies/tv shows, and it can be so cathartic to have a good cry, whether they are happy tears or sad ones! I recently decided to bring back a monthly blog post series that I used to share back when I first started blogging, and this was been really motivating me to watch new films. If you're a fan of media or are just looking for new things to see, check out last month's 'What I've Been Watching' post. I'll have August's edition up by the end of the week. It's been a lot easier to watch stuff lately too, since we just got a new Amazon fire stick (our old one broke). Just 5 more movies to go and I'll have watched 20! 

I hope you've enjoyed reading about how I've been getting on with my Summer Bucket List. I haven't completed many off the list yet, but there's still time! With a mixture of spoonie problems, family drama and bad weather, it has made getting out pretty difficult. However things are back on track now so I can start planning ways to tick off more goals. This month is going to be a busy one indeed, and I am looking forward to it! 

Thankyou for reading! 

 

Have you achieved any personal goals you've had over the last few months?
Is there anything that you want to do before Summer ends? 
Let me know in the comments!

 Looking for more to read? Check out these posts:
 
Share:

1 comment

  1. Love your list! The 20 new films is an excellent thing to do! Thank you for introducing us to Geocaching. We loved it this morning, have planned a medium box about 15mins away soon too. Brilliant for something to do and gets you moving. I need to update my goals soon

    Stacey | UnicornFairy.net xxx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig