Thursday 22 October 2015

Manic Panic Lipstick Review


On Tuesday my order from Attitude Clothing arrived, bringing with it bits and pieces for my halloween outfit. If you saw my recent post on DIY halloween costumes, you'll know that one of my ideas was to dress as my own version of a Living Dead Doll and this included wearing a dark shade of lipstick. I decided to try a Manic Panic lipstick, which until earlier this year I never knew existed. I thought hair dye was the only product Manic Panic made, so it was a nice surprise and I'm definitely interested in trying out their other colours. 


First of all, I love the packaging/presentation of the lipstick. It really speaks to my 15 year old gothic self with it's jet black colour, skull logo and 'lid' full of little diamantes.  When I was younger, I loved dark lipsticks and eye make-up but was too self-conscious to wear them myself, but as soon as I set my eyes on this lipstick I thought 'where have you been all my life?!'. The collection is called Manic Panic Lethal Lipsticks and the packaging says *In Glam We Trust* 'Glamnation. High Voltage Cosmetics'. The shade I purchased is a dark purple colour and is named 'Deadly Nightshade'. 



Although I'd done a google search before buying the lipstick and really liked the colour, at first glance when I opened it, I was worried that it would be too dark. I wanted a purple shade and not black, but it's looks a little lighter when its on. I'll have to get used to wearing such a dark colour,  especially because of the contrast with my pale skin but I think it will look great when I have the rest of my halloween costume and make-up on. 





If I remember, I'll take a selfie and post it on instagram to show you all what it looks like on. I'd take one today but I'm so busy. I've got a doctors appointment later that I have to get ready for soon. Overall, I'd give the lipstick a 7/10. I really like the colour and the presentation. The only thing I didn't like is that the colour is not as matte as I would have liked. I'm looking forward to trying more Manic Panic Lipsticks and wearing this shade on halloween. 

Thanks for reading 


 
What is everyone else dressing up as for halloween?
 
Also, who else has tried manic panic lipsticks and what's your favourite shade?  

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig