Friday 8 January 2016

Filofax Fridays #1


Hey Everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful start to 2016. Apologies for not blogging for the last week, I've been having a hard time because... well depression sucks >.< and so I decided to try and concentrate on self-care. I've been meaning to start this new feature on my blog for a while now but life has gotten in the way, especially with last month being filled with lots of busy preparation for Christmas. For my birthday in October, I got my first ever Filofax! It's a gorgeous A5 Domino Patent planner in such a lovely turquoise colour. I wanted to start using it as soon as the New Year arrived, however I'm aiming now to have my set-up all ready by February. I need to purchase all of the elements on my checklist and I thought I'd show you all each Friday, what I've been buying along the way. 


My Checklist 

- Planner stickers (for organising, blogging, day-to-day activities, appointments, etc.) 
- Some pretty dividers to seperate my sections 
- A lovely dashboard (which is a decorative piece/panel that goes at the front of your planner so that it greets you as soon as you open it. Some people use it to simply make their planners look pretty, but others use it to stick notes too and such).  
-  Some washi tape (to decorate my pages. I've seen such beautiful planner set-ups on instagram, youtube & pinterest... the majority of which use washi tape and it looks awesome). 
- To need to print out the pages for my weekly and monthly diaries (because I don't like the filofax ones).
 - & finally, some sticky notes (to use for reminders around my planner). 

For the next three weeks, I'm going to be looking for these things to fill my Filofax and would love any suggestions from fellow planner users on good shops to look at :) For my first Filofax Fridays post, I'm going to be showing you some lovely stickers that I purchased from the Etsy shop, Plan with Jade. I think they are fantastic and are exactly what I wanted to use in my planner!

 
I'm really happy with the overall appearance and quality of the stickers. One of the reasons I chose them was because they were printed onto matte paper, which I prefer over glossy, shiny paper and because of all the colours used. How bright are these stickers?! They look so lovely! I purchased these stickers to help with organising blog-related things, so I decided to buy both the 'Social Media' & 'Blogging/Youtube' icon sticker sheets. Each sheet contains 77 stickers, which I thought was great for £2.50 per sheet. 



I love the variety of icons you get on each of the sheets, especially on the blogging sheet with several little photograph, writing and video stickers. I can't wait to start using them, and I recommend this shop if you're looking for stickers as there's lots of other similar ones for household chores, pet care and much more. Plus the delivery was so quick and by shopping on Etsy, you are supporting small businesses which is nice. I've ordered some icon stickers from another store so it will be interesting to compare them. 

I hope you liked today's post and check back this time next week for my next Filofax Fridays post. 

 

Who else has a Filofax or a similar planner? I'd love to read all about yours. 



Share:

2 comments

  1. The stickers are such a good idea! :) I love the colours!

    Emily / The Mini Mermaid

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig