Wednesday 23 November 2016

Festive Drinks at Costa #1

If you follow me over on instagram, you may have seen that on Tuesday, I decided to take a trip to Costa in hopes of getting my first Christmas hot drink of the year. Luckily, the Costa not too far from my house was serving the festive drinks, unlike the little Costa I went to at the local hospital a few weeks ago. There were so many drinks to choose from but I was feeling in the mood for coffee VS hot chocolate. I decided to get myself a Honeycomb Latte and since my mum was there, she chose a Black Forest Hot Chocolate. 

As you read this post, I'll be spending the day having a little best friend date. We were supposed to be going to see Melanie Martinez in Manchester this evening, but unfortunately the lovely Melanie is poorly and has had to cancel the rest of her tour :( So instead, me & my best friend have gone to watch Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, followed by a trip of Frankie & Benny's. So I'll just be sharing a short post today, of my thoughts on the Honeycomb Latte :) I hope you enjoy reading!

Costa Christmas Drinks

Can I just start off by saying how awesome and pretty the festive cups are at Costa this year!? I love them, especially the medium cup which is a gorgeous shade of wintery blue with super cute snowmen on :) Fellow hot drink lovers... which is your favourite design of the current Costa cups? I'd love to know.

For those of you who have a serious sweet tooth like me, I'm sure you'll love the Honeycomb Latte. It was lovely but very sweet, so if you don't like your drinks tasting like liquid sugar, then maybe choose another of the festive drinks on offer. I absolutely loved this drink though :) I would definitely get it again. The costa website describes the Honeycomb Latte as 'A smooth and creamy latte with a dash of honeycomb syrup topped with freshly whipped cream and pieces of chocolate coated honeycomb'. 

The Honeycomb Latte reminded me a lot of my favourite flavour of latte, which is Caramel. It has a very similar taste but was much more sweet. The drink is a lot more resembling of caramel, with a lovely golden colour, vs an actual caramel latte from Costa. My latte came with whipped cream on top, but I didn't get any honeycomb pieces which is shame :( I'm going to give this drink a 7/10 altogether and I would recommend all my coffee fan readers to try it.

Costa Christmas Drinks

My mum opted for the Black Forest Hot Chocolate, which she really enjoyed. She usually finds Costa hot chocolates a little too strong and sickly for her, however she thought this festive hot choc was lovely and said she'd  get it again :) I'm not personally a fan of actual Black Forest gateau, but I had a sip of my mum's hot chocolate and thought it tasted good. However, it's still not my tea of cup. It tasted very much like an ordinary hot chocolate but with a subtle berry taste, which matches up with the information about the drink on the Costa website: 'Costa Hot Chocolate with a dash of Black Forest syrup, topped with freshly whipped cream, chocolate sauce and a real cherry'. I don't remember my mum's drink having any chocolate sauce on but she was given a cherry on top of her cup as you can see in the photos. If you like fruity flavours, then I recommend this festive drink for you!

Costa Christmas Drinks


I'll be going back to Costa very soon to try some of their other Christmas drinks. As well as the two flavours I mentioned today, they also have available a Gingerbread Latte, a Salted Caramel Cappuccino, a Lindt Hot Chocolate, a Mint Hot Chocolate and a Toasted Marshmallow Hot Chocolate. Chocolate overload! The sound of these drinks make me happy and I can't wait to taste them.

Thankyou for reading!


Have you tried any of the festive drinks at Costa yet? If so, tell me what you think. 

 Are we friends on social media yet?
 

 
Share:

3 comments

  1. I ordered the Black Forest Hot Chocolate the other day and it was so nice. I did want the toasted marshmallow hot chocolate but they didn't have any.

    Eleanor - http://www.eleaanormay.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the salted caramel cappuccino and it was the nicest drink I have ever had. The Lindt hot chocolate is the next drink from Costa I want to try.

    www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the Black Forest Hot Chocolate last week (I shouldn't have really, I'm lactose intolerant, but I'm not very good at it). I loved the jammy syrup and cream off the top but I was a bit disappointed that the actual hot chocolate was overly sweet and didn't take on the cherry flavour! We wanted to try the Lindt one but they didn't have any!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig